If it feels like only yesterday Rittz stepped into the Booth with the Mike Posner-assisted Switch Lanes, well, that’s because it was yesterday. But, considering the level of acclaim the Strange Music emcee routinely receives in the Booth, we figured that y’all wouldn’t mind enjoying two fresh features in 48 hours. Released along with official visuals by Payne Lindsay, Like I Am finds the Booth fave setting aside the Auto-Tune (see For Real) and audacious guest selections to simply do what he does best—namely, spit hot fire over dope Southern boardwork. Cleveland beatsmith M. Stacks provides the latter, serving up a bass-bumping, piano-laced groove that allows Rittz’ flow ample room to breathe. Watch for the artist’s debut studio album, The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant, to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, April 30, via Strange Music.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
When you’re in high school, your horizon often only extends as far as your beat up, hand me down, used car will drive; and that’s if you’re lucky enough to have a beat up car. The people you know might as well be the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.