If it feels like only yesterday Rittz stepped into the Booth with the Mike Posner-assisted Switch Lanes, well, that’s because it was yesterday. But, considering the level of acclaim the Strange Music emcee routinely receives in the Booth, we figured that y’all wouldn’t mind enjoying two fresh features in 48 hours. Released along with official visuals by Payne Lindsay, Like I Am finds the Booth fave setting aside the Auto-Tune (see For Real) and audacious guest selections to simply do what he does best—namely, spit hot fire over dope Southern boardwork. Cleveland beatsmith M. Stacks provides the latter, serving up a bass-bumping, piano-laced groove that allows Rittz’ flow ample room to breathe. Watch for the artist’s debut studio album, The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant, to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, April 30, via Strange Music.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.