If it feels like only yesterday Rittz stepped into the Booth with the Mike Posner-assisted Switch Lanes, well, that’s because it was yesterday. But, considering the level of acclaim the Strange Music emcee routinely receives in the Booth, we figured that y’all wouldn’t mind enjoying two fresh features in 48 hours. Released along with official visuals by Payne Lindsay, Like I Am finds the Booth fave setting aside the Auto-Tune (see For Real) and audacious guest selections to simply do what he does best—namely, spit hot fire over dope Southern boardwork. Cleveland beatsmith M. Stacks provides the latter, serving up a bass-bumping, piano-laced groove that allows Rittz’ flow ample room to breathe. Watch for the artist’s debut studio album, The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant, to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, April 30, via Strange Music.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.