If it feels like only yesterday Rittz stepped into the Booth with the Mike Posner-assisted Switch Lanes, well, that’s because it was yesterday. But, considering the level of acclaim the Strange Music emcee routinely receives in the Booth, we figured that y’all wouldn’t mind enjoying two fresh features in 48 hours. Released along with official visuals by Payne Lindsay, Like I Am finds the Booth fave setting aside the Auto-Tune (see For Real) and audacious guest selections to simply do what he does best—namely, spit hot fire over dope Southern boardwork. Cleveland beatsmith M. Stacks provides the latter, serving up a bass-bumping, piano-laced groove that allows Rittz’ flow ample room to breathe. Watch for the artist’s debut studio album, The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant, to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, April 30, via Strange Music.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.