Along with his triple-time flows and curly locks, one of Rittz’ most defining features has been his commitment to keeping it one-hundred—whether that means sharing intimate details of his struggles with substance abuse, celebrating his successes, or simply wilding the f**k out over a hot beat. On the lead single off his Strange Music debut set, making its world premiere in the Booth following the leak of a tagged, unmastered version earlier this month, Rittz takes the latter route. Backed by Lifted‘s clicking hi-hats and ominous keyboard arpeggios, the artist unleashes two tightly-wound verses’ worth of lyrical aggression. Though some may find the slight Auto-tune effect on his bars unnecessary, the man’s dazzling mic skills are on full display, and the end product is unlikely to disappoint his fans in the Booth and beyond. If you like what you’re hearing, you can watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the April 30, release of Rittz’ highly-anticipated freshman set, The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Rittz’ Payne Lindsey-directed For Real visual.
Written by richard on 03/31/13
When you’re in high school, your horizon often only extends as far as your beat up, hand me down, used car will drive; and that’s if you’re lucky enough to have a beat up car. The people you know might as well be the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.