Along with his triple-time flows and curly locks, one of Rittz’ most defining features has been his commitment to keeping it one-hundred—whether that means sharing intimate details of his struggles with substance abuse, celebrating his successes, or simply wilding the f**k out over a hot beat. On the lead single off his Strange Music debut set, making its world premiere in the Booth following the leak of a tagged, unmastered version earlier this month, Rittz takes the latter route. Backed by Lifted‘s clicking hi-hats and ominous keyboard arpeggios, the artist unleashes two tightly-wound verses’ worth of lyrical aggression. Though some may find the slight Auto-tune effect on his bars unnecessary, the man’s dazzling mic skills are on full display, and the end product is unlikely to disappoint his fans in the Booth and beyond. If you like what you’re hearing, you can watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the April 30, release of Rittz’ highly-anticipated freshman set, The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Rittz’ Payne Lindsey-directed For Real visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.