Along with his triple-time flows and curly locks, one of Rittz’ most defining features has been his commitment to keeping it one-hundred—whether that means sharing intimate details of his struggles with substance abuse, celebrating his successes, or simply wilding the f**k out over a hot beat. On the lead single off his Strange Music debut set, making its world premiere in the Booth following the leak of a tagged, unmastered version earlier this month, Rittz takes the latter route. Backed by Lifted‘s clicking hi-hats and ominous keyboard arpeggios, the artist unleashes two tightly-wound verses’ worth of lyrical aggression. Though some may find the slight Auto-tune effect on his bars unnecessary, the man’s dazzling mic skills are on full display, and the end product is unlikely to disappoint his fans in the Booth and beyond. If you like what you’re hearing, you can watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the April 30, release of Rittz’ highly-anticipated freshman set, The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Rittz’ Payne Lindsey-directed For Real visual.
Written by richard on 03/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.