Along with his triple-time flows and curly locks, one of Rittz’ most defining features has been his commitment to keeping it one-hundred—whether that means sharing intimate details of his struggles with substance abuse, celebrating his successes, or simply wilding the f**k out over a hot beat. On the lead single off his Strange Music debut set, making its world premiere in the Booth following the leak of a tagged, unmastered version earlier this month, Rittz takes the latter route. Backed by Lifted‘s clicking hi-hats and ominous keyboard arpeggios, the artist unleashes two tightly-wound verses’ worth of lyrical aggression. Though some may find the slight Auto-tune effect on his bars unnecessary, the man’s dazzling mic skills are on full display, and the end product is unlikely to disappoint his fans in the Booth and beyond. If you like what you’re hearing, you can watch our pages for more fresh song releases leading up to the April 30, release of Rittz’ highly-anticipated freshman set, The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Rittz’ Payne Lindsey-directed For Real visual.
Written by richard on 03/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.