If there’s one emcee I can’t picture sipping pricey cognac, Rosé or other beverages commonly name-dropped among rap’s upper crust, it’s Rittz. I can, however, see him getting down with a bottle of Crown Royal—both in my imagination and in the official visual accompaniment to his new single by that name. Constant collaborator and Strange Music teammate Seven mans the boards on this slow-rolling street banger, layering flanged guitar riffs and keyboard arpeggios over a whip-ready rhythm section as the Georgia repper celebrates his favorite Canadian spirit in masterfully flowed verses. Still thirsty? Then be sure to cop Rittz’s sophomore album, Next to Nothing, when it hits stores next Tuesday (9/9).
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.