If there’s one emcee I can’t picture sipping pricey cognac, Rosé or other beverages commonly name-dropped among rap’s upper crust, it’s Rittz. I can, however, see him getting down with a bottle of Crown Royal—both in my imagination and in the official visual accompaniment to his new single by that name. Constant collaborator and Strange Music teammate Seven mans the boards on this slow-rolling street banger, layering flanged guitar riffs and keyboard arpeggios over a whip-ready rhythm section as the Georgia repper celebrates his favorite Canadian spirit in masterfully flowed verses. Still thirsty? Then be sure to cop Rittz’s sophomore album, Next to Nothing, when it hits stores next Tuesday (9/9).
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.