If there’s one emcee I can’t picture sipping pricey cognac, Rosé or other beverages commonly name-dropped among rap’s upper crust, it’s Rittz. I can, however, see him getting down with a bottle of Crown Royal—both in my imagination and in the official visual accompaniment to his new single by that name. Constant collaborator and Strange Music teammate Seven mans the boards on this slow-rolling street banger, layering flanged guitar riffs and keyboard arpeggios over a whip-ready rhythm section as the Georgia repper celebrates his favorite Canadian spirit in masterfully flowed verses. Still thirsty? Then be sure to cop Rittz’s sophomore album, Next to Nothing, when it hits stores next Tuesday (9/9).
Written by richard on 09/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.