If there’s one emcee I can’t picture sipping pricey cognac, Rosé or other beverages commonly name-dropped among rap’s upper crust, it’s Rittz. I can, however, see him getting down with a bottle of Crown Royal—both in my imagination and in the official visual accompaniment to his new single by that name. Constant collaborator and Strange Music teammate Seven mans the boards on this slow-rolling street banger, layering flanged guitar riffs and keyboard arpeggios over a whip-ready rhythm section as the Georgia repper celebrates his favorite Canadian spirit in masterfully flowed verses. Still thirsty? Then be sure to cop Rittz’s sophomore album, Next to Nothing, when it hits stores next Tuesday (9/9).
Written by richard on 09/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.