A few days ago, Kobe Bryant made the bold statement that he hasn’t had any “rivals” throughout his career in the NBA. To put it in layman’s terms, Kobe basically said “y’all other dudes ain’t sh*t and can’t compete.” That may have been bold, but it’s not shocking. In hip-hop your (or their) favorite emcee makes a statement like this on a weekly basis. So is it really surprising that Rittz’s stand-out cut from White Jesus: Revival (out today via the Booth) tackles this exact topic? No. Is it entertaining? Obviously, or I would’ve stopped writing a few sentences ago. Produced by DJ A, Bloody Murdah is an aggressive and synth-heavy track that blends together elements of dubstep and rap that Rittz attacks and cuts apart like a Benihana chef slicing and dicing some sushi. Forget waiting for validation, Rittz takes matters into his own hands and enters full-assault mode, calling out any emcee out there making “soft” music. So if you’re down to become an accomplice to murder be sure to download White Jesus Revival right now, and keep an ear out for the Bloody Murdah (Remix) featuring ... we want to keep you guessing…., coming soon.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.