A few days ago, Kobe Bryant made the bold statement that he hasn’t had any “rivals” throughout his career in the NBA. To put it in layman’s terms, Kobe basically said “y’all other dudes ain’t sh*t and can’t compete.” That may have been bold, but it’s not shocking. In hip-hop your (or their) favorite emcee makes a statement like this on a weekly basis. So is it really surprising that Rittz’s stand-out cut from White Jesus: Revival (out today via the Booth) tackles this exact topic? No. Is it entertaining? Obviously, or I would’ve stopped writing a few sentences ago. Produced by DJ A, Bloody Murdah is an aggressive and synth-heavy track that blends together elements of dubstep and rap that Rittz attacks and cuts apart like a Benihana chef slicing and dicing some sushi. Forget waiting for validation, Rittz takes matters into his own hands and enters full-assault mode, calling out any emcee out there making “soft” music. So if you’re down to become an accomplice to murder be sure to download White Jesus Revival right now, and keep an ear out for the Bloody Murdah (Remix) featuring ... we want to keep you guessing…., coming soon.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/8/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.