A few days ago, Kobe Bryant made the bold statement that he hasn’t had any “rivals” throughout his career in the NBA. To put it in layman’s terms, Kobe basically said “y’all other dudes ain’t sh*t and can’t compete.” That may have been bold, but it’s not shocking. In hip-hop your (or their) favorite emcee makes a statement like this on a weekly basis. So is it really surprising that Rittz’s stand-out cut from White Jesus: Revival (out today via the Booth) tackles this exact topic? No. Is it entertaining? Obviously, or I would’ve stopped writing a few sentences ago. Produced by DJ A, Bloody Murdah is an aggressive and synth-heavy track that blends together elements of dubstep and rap that Rittz attacks and cuts apart like a Benihana chef slicing and dicing some sushi. Forget waiting for validation, Rittz takes matters into his own hands and enters full-assault mode, calling out any emcee out there making “soft” music. So if you’re down to become an accomplice to murder be sure to download White Jesus Revival right now, and keep an ear out for the Bloody Murdah (Remix) featuring ... we want to keep you guessing…., coming soon.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/8/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.