New Strange Music signee Rittz‘s music undoubtedly has a dark side, but that willingness to shine a light on the parts of life that so often get swept under the rug is part of the appeal. The ATL native has always had a knack for combining his smooth southern style with darker lyrical content and a fearlessly real outlook on life, and his new video single All We Know is a perfect example. Although DJ Burn One’s lax boardwork, combined with Jihad’s smooth vocals on the chorus make the tune ooze a chill, cruisin’ vibe, Rittz’s lyrics, as well as the visuals, show a darker take, highlighting the perils of a drug addiction and the effects it has on all those around the user. All We Know can be found the Atlanta emcee’s impressive project, White Jesus: Revival, hosted right here on DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/7/12
There are one-hundred reasons why Rittz won’t become a successful rapper – let’s go ahead and name a few. For starters, he’s white, which always invites suspicion. And to make matters worse, he’s Southern and white...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.