New Strange Music signee Rittz‘s music undoubtedly has a dark side, but that willingness to shine a light on the parts of life that so often get swept under the rug is part of the appeal. The ATL native has always had a knack for combining his smooth southern style with darker lyrical content and a fearlessly real outlook on life, and his new video single All We Know is a perfect example. Although DJ Burn One’s lax boardwork, combined with Jihad’s smooth vocals on the chorus make the tune ooze a chill, cruisin’ vibe, Rittz’s lyrics, as well as the visuals, show a darker take, highlighting the perils of a drug addiction and the effects it has on all those around the user. All We Know can be found the Atlanta emcee’s impressive project, White Jesus: Revival, hosted right here on DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.