New Strange Music signee Rittz‘s music undoubtedly has a dark side, but that willingness to shine a light on the parts of life that so often get swept under the rug is part of the appeal. The ATL native has always had a knack for combining his smooth southern style with darker lyrical content and a fearlessly real outlook on life, and his new video single All We Know is a perfect example. Although DJ Burn One’s lax boardwork, combined with Jihad’s smooth vocals on the chorus make the tune ooze a chill, cruisin’ vibe, Rittz’s lyrics, as well as the visuals, show a darker take, highlighting the perils of a drug addiction and the effects it has on all those around the user. All We Know can be found the Atlanta emcee’s impressive project, White Jesus: Revival, hosted right here on DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Full of Sh*t" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.