While Rita Ora has yet to find her groove in The DJBooth (our readers were lukewarm on previously-featured cuts Roc the Life, How We Do (Party) and R.I.P.), the Roc Nation pop songstress hasn’t let the lack of immediate acclaim break her stride. Aptly enough, new single Shine Your Light is an ode to perseverance in the face of all obstacles, with the singer urging all listening to unlock their hidden potential and, “set the world on fire.” Fraser T. Smith and Chris Loco man the mixing boards, crafting a minimal, bass-heavy verse groove that builds into a soaring, synth-drenched chorus. An unknown director’s official visuals, shot in Ora’s native Kosovo, provides a poignant illustration of the record’s themes. Featuring this motivational jam and much more, ORA is available now at stores on the other side of the Atlantic. As for a U.S. release, there’s still no word - but some rave DJBooth reviews just might help to change that.
Written by richard on 10/28/12
British pop singer Rita Ora plans to make her mark on America with the release of her debut album, ORA, featuring singles How We Do (Party) and R.I.P (with Tinie Tempah), but the album has now been released in her native UK....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.