While Rita Ora has yet to find her groove in The DJBooth (our readers were lukewarm on previously-featured cuts Roc the Life, How We Do (Party) and R.I.P.), the Roc Nation pop songstress hasn’t let the lack of immediate acclaim break her stride. Aptly enough, new single Shine Your Light is an ode to perseverance in the face of all obstacles, with the singer urging all listening to unlock their hidden potential and, “set the world on fire.” Fraser T. Smith and Chris Loco man the mixing boards, crafting a minimal, bass-heavy verse groove that builds into a soaring, synth-drenched chorus. An unknown director’s official visuals, shot in Ora’s native Kosovo, provides a poignant illustration of the record’s themes. Featuring this motivational jam and much more, ORA is available now at stores on the other side of the Atlantic. As for a U.S. release, there’s still no word - but some rave DJBooth reviews just might help to change that.
Written by richard on 10/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.