Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
For most, learning that a potential romantic partner still isn’t over that last guy or girl is reason to tread lightly—or book it, depending on the strength of their feelings for said ex. Booth newcomer Rita Ora, however, isn’t one to take “no” for an answer. On her Roc Nation debut single, the newly-signed pop songstress orders the man she’s pursuing to move on… or else: “R.I.P. to the girl you used to see. / Her days are over.” Penned by none other than Aubrey “Drake” Graham, this electro-pop scorcher finds Chase & Status slathering on the synths as the 19-year-old singer paints a picture of female assertiveness—exhibiting a powerful, yet seductive vocal presence in the process. UK rap phenom Tinie Tempah guests, lacing the front with some of the weirder pickup lines I’ve heard in a minute: “I’ll make you call me ‘Daddy,’ even though you ain’t my daughter / Baby I ain’t talkin’ books when I say that I can take you across the Borders.” (Guess he didn’t get the memo about Borders going out of business in 2011—or 2009, in the case of its UK subsidiary.) Has Rita Ora won you over with her bold and direct debut release? If so, you know where to keep your browser locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 02/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How We Do (Party)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.