Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
For most, learning that a potential romantic partner still isn’t over that last guy or girl is reason to tread lightly—or book it, depending on the strength of their feelings for said ex. Booth newcomer Rita Ora, however, isn’t one to take “no” for an answer. On her Roc Nation debut single, the newly-signed pop songstress orders the man she’s pursuing to move on… or else: “R.I.P. to the girl you used to see. / Her days are over.” Penned by none other than Aubrey “Drake” Graham, this electro-pop scorcher finds Chase & Status slathering on the synths as the 19-year-old singer paints a picture of female assertiveness—exhibiting a powerful, yet seductive vocal presence in the process. UK rap phenom Tinie Tempah guests, lacing the front with some of the weirder pickup lines I’ve heard in a minute: “I’ll make you call me ‘Daddy,’ even though you ain’t my daughter / Baby I ain’t talkin’ books when I say that I can take you across the Borders.” (Guess he didn’t get the memo about Borders going out of business in 2011—or 2009, in the case of its UK subsidiary.) Has Rita Ora won you over with her bold and direct debut release? If so, you know where to keep your browser locked for all the latest.
Written by richard on 02/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How We Do (Party)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.