Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Though Juicy will be a hip-hop touchstone for as long as there are rap hopefuls to quote its opening couplet, Party and Bullsh*t seems to have momentarily overtaken it as the Biggie reference du jour; the ‘93 single recently inspired records by August Alsina (Party & Bullsh*t), Andrew Lewis (Party & Bullsh*t) and even 50 Cent (Bullsh*t and Party). The latest artist to put their spin on the partying/bullsh*tting theme, Rita Ora returns to our pages with Roc Nation debut single How We Do (Party) (Originally titled… wait for it… Party & Bullsh*t). Premiered Tuesday by Ora and label boss Jay-Z on NY Top 40 station Z100, the record finds beat crew The Runners juxtaposing a pop-rock guitar with bass-booming reverb-drenched percussion as the singer/songwriter encourages listeners to let go of their cares and paint the town red. An eminently catchy ode to revelry and young love, this pop-appealing selection seems poised to take over airwaves and club dancefloors in the weeks ahead—or do I have it twisted? If you agree with my assessment, then keep it locked for more fresh tunes from Ora, as well as the latest on her as yet untitled/unscheduled Roc Nation debut.
Written by richard on 04/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.