Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Though Juicy will be a hip-hop touchstone for as long as there are rap hopefuls to quote its opening couplet, Party and Bullsh*t seems to have momentarily overtaken it as the Biggie reference du jour; the ‘93 single recently inspired records by August Alsina (Party & Bullsh*t), Andrew Lewis (Party & Bullsh*t) and even 50 Cent (Bullsh*t and Party). The latest artist to put their spin on the partying/bullsh*tting theme, Rita Ora returns to our pages with Roc Nation debut single How We Do (Party) (Originally titled… wait for it… Party & Bullsh*t). Premiered Tuesday by Ora and label boss Jay-Z on NY Top 40 station Z100, the record finds beat crew The Runners juxtaposing a pop-rock guitar with bass-booming reverb-drenched percussion as the singer/songwriter encourages listeners to let go of their cares and paint the town red. An eminently catchy ode to revelry and young love, this pop-appealing selection seems poised to take over airwaves and club dancefloors in the weeks ahead—or do I have it twisted? If you agree with my assessment, then keep it locked for more fresh tunes from Ora, as well as the latest on her as yet untitled/unscheduled Roc Nation debut.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.