You may see the title of Rita J’s new cut, The Dough and think she cooked up a grandiose, lavish guap anthem, but don’t judge a book by its cover. The Chicago emcee is more concerned with chasing paper to survive rather than buying a chain or a new Maybach. On this refreshing take on a subject which often gets commercialized, Rita keeps it real, using a casual, yet on-point flow where her lyrics seem to roll right off her tongue, each word transitioning seamlessly to the next. Completing her low-key flow is a slick beat Proh Mic production, equipped with a few perfectly placed samples, which tie the song together and makes it worthy of spending your dough. Don’t worry, though, you don’t have to spend anything to get Rita’s Lost Time album, which will be free upon its currently unscheduled, yet eminent release.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
All Natural, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Regrets" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.