You may see the title of Rita J’s new cut, The Dough and think she cooked up a grandiose, lavish guap anthem, but don’t judge a book by its cover. The Chicago emcee is more concerned with chasing paper to survive rather than buying a chain or a new Maybach. On this refreshing take on a subject which often gets commercialized, Rita keeps it real, using a casual, yet on-point flow where her lyrics seem to roll right off her tongue, each word transitioning seamlessly to the next. Completing her low-key flow is a slick beat Proh Mic production, equipped with a few perfectly placed samples, which tie the song together and makes it worthy of spending your dough. Don’t worry, though, you don’t have to spend anything to get Rita’s Lost Time album, which will be free upon its currently unscheduled, yet eminent release.
All Natural, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Regrets" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.