You may see the title of Rita J’s new cut, The Dough and think she cooked up a grandiose, lavish guap anthem, but don’t judge a book by its cover. The Chicago emcee is more concerned with chasing paper to survive rather than buying a chain or a new Maybach. On this refreshing take on a subject which often gets commercialized, Rita keeps it real, using a casual, yet on-point flow where her lyrics seem to roll right off her tongue, each word transitioning seamlessly to the next. Completing her low-key flow is a slick beat Proh Mic production, equipped with a few perfectly placed samples, which tie the song together and makes it worthy of spending your dough. Don’t worry, though, you don’t have to spend anything to get Rita’s Lost Time album, which will be free upon its currently unscheduled, yet eminent release.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
All Natural, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Regrets" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.