You may see the title of Rita J’s new cut, The Dough and think she cooked up a grandiose, lavish guap anthem, but don’t judge a book by its cover. The Chicago emcee is more concerned with chasing paper to survive rather than buying a chain or a new Maybach. On this refreshing take on a subject which often gets commercialized, Rita keeps it real, using a casual, yet on-point flow where her lyrics seem to roll right off her tongue, each word transitioning seamlessly to the next. Completing her low-key flow is a slick beat Proh Mic production, equipped with a few perfectly placed samples, which tie the song together and makes it worthy of spending your dough. Don’t worry, though, you don’t have to spend anything to get Rita’s Lost Time album, which will be free upon its currently unscheduled, yet eminent release.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
All Natural, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Regrets" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.