Today I woke up with rain outside my window and the wind whipping up a steady breeze. Upon walking to my car, I couldn’t decide what to play in my iPod. Some James Blake? Phantogram? They just didn’t feel right. Had I heard Rio’s So You Say playing this morning, it would’ve been the perfect soundtrack to a mellow morning drive on the expressway. With his third feature at The DJBooth (the last was Good Morning, Dreamer), Rio drops off So You Say, an acoustic guitar-driven record produced by the headliner himself where Rio discusses the beginnings of a relationship where feelings are always something difficult to express. So if I wake up tomorrow and it’s raining with a slight breeze, rest assured I’ll reach for So You Say, along with Rio’s Good Morning, Dreamer album when it drops later this year.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/31/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.