Today I woke up with rain outside my window and the wind whipping up a steady breeze. Upon walking to my car, I couldn’t decide what to play in my iPod. Some James Blake? Phantogram? They just didn’t feel right. Had I heard Rio’s So You Say playing this morning, it would’ve been the perfect soundtrack to a mellow morning drive on the expressway. With his third feature at The DJBooth (the last was Good Morning, Dreamer), Rio drops off So You Say, an acoustic guitar-driven record produced by the headliner himself where Rio discusses the beginnings of a relationship where feelings are always something difficult to express. So if I wake up tomorrow and it’s raining with a slight breeze, rest assured I’ll reach for So You Say, along with Rio’s Good Morning, Dreamer album when it drops later this year.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/31/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.