Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Taking a cue from Apocalypse Now, I’ll pose this question to the loyal readers at DJBooth: don’t you just love the smell of Sex & Sativa in the morning? It’s not just a combo that’s guaranteed to start, or finish, your day just right (not to mention good for alliteration, if you’re into that sort of thing) – it’s also the title of singer/producer Rio’s first DJBooth-featured single, from his upcoming mixtape Good Morning Dreamer. If Rio is trying to get our attention, he’s got all the right things going: layered self-production that embodies a refreshing take on today’s R&B prototype, an infectious hook, rich vocals and of course, there’s the topic of sex coupled with a certain type of “herbal essence” to boot. Welcome to the DJBooth family Rio, we look forward to hearing more before the Dreamer drops!
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Rio’s Jeffrey Brant-directed Sex & Sativa visual.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 05/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Morning Dreamer" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.