Taking his inspiration from “southern Hip-Hop and Jack Daniels” Nashville born singer Rio will likely have a few listeners sold before the beat even drops on his new single, Good Morning Dreamer. Despite being influenced by booze and various dirty South tunes Good Morning Dreamer is surprisingly mellow. Alongside producer Late Wire!, Rio lends a helping hand with the bass line driven production on the track, which seem somewhat influenced by his Nashville, Tennessee stomping grounds. With his slightly Auto-Tuned vocals Rio smoothly serenades the one he wakes up to each morning (no, not Jack Daniels) as he touches on “the morning after” breakfast, waking to the rising sun, and other pleasantries. Are you a fan? If so, be on the lookout for Rio’s upcoming project, also titled Good Morning Dreamer, when it is released later this year.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/9/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.