As a buzzmaking emcee without an official album under his belt, Brooklyn’s Rilgood is arguably a little green to be declaring himself ruler of the hip-hop game. Or maybe he’s long overdue—Henry VI had only been alive eight months and change when he took the English throne. Whichever way you look at it, you’d best get used to the idea of him on top, because that’s where he and his clique are headed. Premiering in the Booth as the final song release off his forthcoming mixtape, Young Kings finds the artist outlining his royal ambitions in imperious, slow-flowed verses. The record’s woozy synth backdrop comes courtesy of heavyweight producer Dot Da Genius, and features finishing touches from rising beatsmith Woodro Skillson. Now that you’ve given this cut a listen, are you anxious for Rilgood’s reign to begin? You don’t have long to wait; featuring Young Kings, the Booth-acclaimed Corruptor and much more, Rilgood’s Kingdom street album is scheduled for digital release tomorrow, the 15th.
Written by richard on 10/14/13
Nigerian-born, Brooklyn-based emcee Rilgood has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the Kingdom LP. Executive Produced by the artist in conjunction with Andrew Krivonos, the project...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.