As a buzzmaking emcee without an official album under his belt, Brooklyn’s Rilgood is arguably a little green to be declaring himself ruler of the hip-hop game. Or maybe he’s long overdue—Henry VI had only been alive eight months and change when he took the English throne. Whichever way you look at it, you’d best get used to the idea of him on top, because that’s where he and his clique are headed. Premiering in the Booth as the final song release off his forthcoming mixtape, Young Kings finds the artist outlining his royal ambitions in imperious, slow-flowed verses. The record’s woozy synth backdrop comes courtesy of heavyweight producer Dot Da Genius, and features finishing touches from rising beatsmith Woodro Skillson. Now that you’ve given this cut a listen, are you anxious for Rilgood’s reign to begin? You don’t have long to wait; featuring Young Kings, the Booth-acclaimed Corruptor and much more, Rilgood’s Kingdom street album is scheduled for digital release tomorrow, the 15th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.