As a buzzmaking emcee without an official album under his belt, Brooklyn’s Rilgood is arguably a little green to be declaring himself ruler of the hip-hop game. Or maybe he’s long overdue—Henry VI had only been alive eight months and change when he took the English throne. Whichever way you look at it, you’d best get used to the idea of him on top, because that’s where he and his clique are headed. Premiering in the Booth as the final song release off his forthcoming mixtape, Young Kings finds the artist outlining his royal ambitions in imperious, slow-flowed verses. The record’s woozy synth backdrop comes courtesy of heavyweight producer Dot Da Genius, and features finishing touches from rising beatsmith Woodro Skillson. Now that you’ve given this cut a listen, are you anxious for Rilgood’s reign to begin? You don’t have long to wait; featuring Young Kings, the Booth-acclaimed Corruptor and much more, Rilgood’s Kingdom street album is scheduled for digital release tomorrow, the 15th.
Written by richard on 10/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.