As a buzzmaking emcee without an official album under his belt, Brooklyn’s Rilgood is arguably a little green to be declaring himself ruler of the hip-hop game. Or maybe he’s long overdue—Henry VI had only been alive eight months and change when he took the English throne. Whichever way you look at it, you’d best get used to the idea of him on top, because that’s where he and his clique are headed. Premiering in the Booth as the final song release off his forthcoming mixtape, Young Kings finds the artist outlining his royal ambitions in imperious, slow-flowed verses. The record’s woozy synth backdrop comes courtesy of heavyweight producer Dot Da Genius, and features finishing touches from rising beatsmith Woodro Skillson. Now that you’ve given this cut a listen, are you anxious for Rilgood’s reign to begin? You don’t have long to wait; featuring Young Kings, the Booth-acclaimed Corruptor and much more, Rilgood’s Kingdom street album is scheduled for digital release tomorrow, the 15th.
Written by richard on 10/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.