Brooklyn has been home to some of the dopest emcees to ever touch a mic, and the future’s looking just as bright as its past. BK rhymesayers Rilgood and Maffew Ragazino are here to prove that there’s still something in the borough’s drinking water that breeds lyricism on new release, Who Should I Be. Produced by Woodro Skillson, who I think we can safely say is the first producer to take his name from Woodrow Wilson, puts together a slowly paced and deeply soulful beat, placing a heart felt vocal sample over piano lines and punching drums. For their part the two rappers take an increasingly rare tact in hip-hop, honesty, letting listeners tag along as they try to find their place in the world both as men and artists: “Livin like I’m dreamin, dancing with the devil / everyday I exorcise (exercise), workin out my demons.” Those feeling inspired to yell “where Brooklyn at?!?” can go back and cop Rilgood’s recently released JFK mixtape as well as look forward to the release of his Great Expectations album, due out this July.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.