Brooklyn has been home to some of the dopest emcees to ever touch a mic, and the future’s looking just as bright as its past. BK rhymesayers Rilgood and Maffew Ragazino are here to prove that there’s still something in the borough’s drinking water that breeds lyricism on new release, Who Should I Be. Produced by Woodro Skillson, who I think we can safely say is the first producer to take his name from Woodrow Wilson, puts together a slowly paced and deeply soulful beat, placing a heart felt vocal sample over piano lines and punching drums. For their part the two rappers take an increasingly rare tact in hip-hop, honesty, letting listeners tag along as they try to find their place in the world both as men and artists: “Livin like I’m dreamin, dancing with the devil / everyday I exorcise (exercise), workin out my demons.” Those feeling inspired to yell “where Brooklyn at?!?” can go back and cop Rilgood’s recently released JFK mixtape as well as look forward to the release of his Great Expectations album, due out this July.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.