Decades have passed since Huey P. Newton and company patrolled the Oakland streets with shotguns to protect their neighborhoods from the police, but the spirit of the Black Panther struggle lives on in Booth newcomer Rilgood, who reopens the possibility of a radical solution to racially-motivated violence on new video single Gun. A “democratic protest [song]” dedicated to the late Trayvon Martin, finds the Brooklynite rhymesayer speaking out against he brutality of the white justice system over RC Bankwell‘s provocative flip of a song sung by Panther children in documentary film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975: ”Pick up a gun, put the pig on the run.” Fellow BK native B. Smith echoes his message on verse two, and Palmirie Films’ Lerighton Pope creates some gritty, black and white visuals to match. Find yourself raising your first right along with the emcee? More revolutionary bangers await on Great Expectations, released earlier this month for free digital download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!