Decades have passed since Huey P. Newton and company patrolled the Oakland streets with shotguns to protect their neighborhoods from the police, but the spirit of the Black Panther struggle lives on in Booth newcomer Rilgood, who reopens the possibility of a radical solution to racially-motivated violence on new video single Gun. A “democratic protest [song]” dedicated to the late Trayvon Martin, finds the Brooklynite rhymesayer speaking out against he brutality of the white justice system over RC Bankwell‘s provocative flip of a song sung by Panther children in documentary film The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975: ”Pick up a gun, put the pig on the run.” Fellow BK native B. Smith echoes his message on verse two, and Palmirie Films’ Lerighton Pope creates some gritty, black and white visuals to match. Find yourself raising your first right along with the emcee? More revolutionary bangers await on Great Expectations, released earlier this month for free digital download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.