Memorial Day has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean we should stop being grateful we live in the land of the free and the home of the brave. In fact, with the Fourth of July right around the corner, there is no better time to take a listen to Rilgood’s God Bless America. Over Dave Maxweel‘s dusty vocal sample and mysterious drum/piano loops, Rilgood, Fat Tony and Chase N. Cashe exercise their First Amendment rights, highlighting some great things about this country as well as bringing up its faults. While Fat Tony (second following Rilgood’s smooth opening verse) praises the U.S. of A. (”God bless this great land where a man can make eight grand from having a mic in hand”), Chase takes a more critical approach, pointing out some ways in which America has failed him. This cut is not attached to anything larger, but fans can keep it locked for more from Rilgood.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/28/13
Nigerian-born, Brooklyn-based emcee Rilgood has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the Kingdom LP. Executive Produced by the artist in conjunction with Andrew Krivonos, the project...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.