Memorial Day has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean we should stop being grateful we live in the land of the free and the home of the brave. In fact, with the Fourth of July right around the corner, there is no better time to take a listen to Rilgood’s God Bless America. Over Dave Maxweel‘s dusty vocal sample and mysterious drum/piano loops, Rilgood, Fat Tony and Chase N. Cashe exercise their First Amendment rights, highlighting some great things about this country as well as bringing up its faults. While Fat Tony (second following Rilgood’s smooth opening verse) praises the U.S. of A. (”God bless this great land where a man can make eight grand from having a mic in hand”), Chase takes a more critical approach, pointing out some ways in which America has failed him. This cut is not attached to anything larger, but fans can keep it locked for more from Rilgood.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)