Memorial Day has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean we should stop being grateful we live in the land of the free and the home of the brave. In fact, with the Fourth of July right around the corner, there is no better time to take a listen to Rilgood’s God Bless America. Over Dave Maxweel‘s dusty vocal sample and mysterious drum/piano loops, Rilgood, Fat Tony and Chase N. Cashe exercise their First Amendment rights, highlighting some great things about this country as well as bringing up its faults. While Fat Tony (second following Rilgood’s smooth opening verse) praises the U.S. of A. (”God bless this great land where a man can make eight grand from having a mic in hand”), Chase takes a more critical approach, pointing out some ways in which America has failed him. This cut is not attached to anything larger, but fans can keep it locked for more from Rilgood.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.