Brooklyn was the original home of the Dodgers, Biggie Smalls and Jay-Z (and now the Nets, thanks in part to one of the guys mentioned earlier), but from an outsider’s perspective, Brooklyn comes off as the artsy area of New York City; especially when the new image of Brooklyn to most folks is a hipster in Williamsburg. Rilgood (aka Goody) doesn’t want the world to only see Brooklyn in this aura so he’s released Dangerous, a song that reminds us of the gully side of the borrough. Produced by RC Bankwell, Dangerous hits the ground running at 100mph with a haunting sample and rapid-fire drums that allows Rilgood to calmly give his message. The production takes centerstage, but Rilgood gets his message across, relating Brooklyn to a zoo and warns the listener to look out for evils in the form of corner boys to crooked cops, as well as anything lurking in the dark. Dangerous is slated to appear on Goody’s upcoming projected, Great Expectations, set to see the light of day on July 17.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.