Brooklyn was the original home of the Dodgers, Biggie Smalls and Jay-Z (and now the Nets, thanks in part to one of the guys mentioned earlier), but from an outsider’s perspective, Brooklyn comes off as the artsy area of New York City; especially when the new image of Brooklyn to most folks is a hipster in Williamsburg. Rilgood (aka Goody) doesn’t want the world to only see Brooklyn in this aura so he’s released Dangerous, a song that reminds us of the gully side of the borrough. Produced by RC Bankwell, Dangerous hits the ground running at 100mph with a haunting sample and rapid-fire drums that allows Rilgood to calmly give his message. The production takes centerstage, but Rilgood gets his message across, relating Brooklyn to a zoo and warns the listener to look out for evils in the form of corner boys to crooked cops, as well as anything lurking in the dark. Dangerous is slated to appear on Goody’s upcoming projected, Great Expectations, set to see the light of day on July 17.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.