Brooklyn was the original home of the Dodgers, Biggie Smalls and Jay-Z (and now the Nets, thanks in part to one of the guys mentioned earlier), but from an outsider’s perspective, Brooklyn comes off as the artsy area of New York City; especially when the new image of Brooklyn to most folks is a hipster in Williamsburg. Rilgood (aka Goody) doesn’t want the world to only see Brooklyn in this aura so he’s released Dangerous, a song that reminds us of the gully side of the borrough. Produced by RC Bankwell, Dangerous hits the ground running at 100mph with a haunting sample and rapid-fire drums that allows Rilgood to calmly give his message. The production takes centerstage, but Rilgood gets his message across, relating Brooklyn to a zoo and warns the listener to look out for evils in the form of corner boys to crooked cops, as well as anything lurking in the dark. Dangerous is slated to appear on Goody’s upcoming projected, Great Expectations, set to see the light of day on July 17.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.