Brooklyn was the original home of the Dodgers, Biggie Smalls and Jay-Z (and now the Nets, thanks in part to one of the guys mentioned earlier), but from an outsider’s perspective, Brooklyn comes off as the artsy area of New York City; especially when the new image of Brooklyn to most folks is a hipster in Williamsburg. Rilgood (aka Goody) doesn’t want the world to only see Brooklyn in this aura so he’s released Dangerous, a song that reminds us of the gully side of the borrough. Produced by RC Bankwell, Dangerous hits the ground running at 100mph with a haunting sample and rapid-fire drums that allows Rilgood to calmly give his message. The production takes centerstage, but Rilgood gets his message across, relating Brooklyn to a zoo and warns the listener to look out for evils in the form of corner boys to crooked cops, as well as anything lurking in the dark. Dangerous is slated to appear on Goody’s upcoming projected, Great Expectations, set to see the light of day on July 17.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/5/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.