Rilgood‘s last Booth feature, promotional single God Bless America, saw the Brooklyn native casting a critical eye over the country where he was born and raised. On Corrupter, a Hypetrak-premiered song release off his next mixtape, the artist continues in a similarly cynical vein, spitting about the ruthless behavior necessary to thrive in a cold and corrupt society. Booth-approved beatsmith kechPhrase mans the boards, building his jazzy instrumental around samples from Nas’ Scarface-inspired classic, The World Is Yours. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for further fresh cuts leading up to the summer arrival of Rilgood’s Kingdom street album.
Written by richard on 06/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.