Pop quiz, ladies: Do you get a guy who is A.) from Brooklyn; B.) from Brooklyn and hangs with Kid Cudi; or C) from Brooklyn, hangs with Kid Cudi, carries himself like a President and listens to Wu-Tang. If you picked any choice but C you’re incorrect, but when it comes to Dot da Genius protégé Rilgood and his new single Automatic going against what feels right might be the only thing wrong. A newcomer to the Booth, Rilgood presents an oddly sensual mix of abstract elements, including robotic sounds and off-cadence delivery, while reminding the ladies “what’s underneath the seat is Automatic ...reach down and grab it.” Ha! The boy might be off his rocker, but he has the right to be as this self-produced work speaks of his eccentricity and electronic music stylings. Check back with the Booth for further details on Rilgood’s upcoming JFK mixtape, which is set to drop on President’s Day 2012. And if that isn’t enough, look for two new singles to premiere on the soundtrack of Keanu Reaves upcoming film Generation Um.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Should I Be" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.