Pop quiz, ladies: Do you get a guy who is A.) from Brooklyn; B.) from Brooklyn and hangs with Kid Cudi; or C) from Brooklyn, hangs with Kid Cudi, carries himself like a President and listens to Wu-Tang. If you picked any choice but C you’re incorrect, but when it comes to Dot da Genius protégé Rilgood and his new single Automatic going against what feels right might be the only thing wrong. A newcomer to the Booth, Rilgood presents an oddly sensual mix of abstract elements, including robotic sounds and off-cadence delivery, while reminding the ladies “what’s underneath the seat is Automatic ...reach down and grab it.” Ha! The boy might be off his rocker, but he has the right to be as this self-produced work speaks of his eccentricity and electronic music stylings. Check back with the Booth for further details on Rilgood’s upcoming JFK mixtape, which is set to drop on President’s Day 2012. And if that isn’t enough, look for two new singles to premiere on the soundtrack of Keanu Reaves upcoming film Generation Um.
Written by sashavann on 12/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Should I Be" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.