Pop quiz, ladies: Do you get a guy who is A.) from Brooklyn; B.) from Brooklyn and hangs with Kid Cudi; or C) from Brooklyn, hangs with Kid Cudi, carries himself like a President and listens to Wu-Tang. If you picked any choice but C you’re incorrect, but when it comes to Dot da Genius protégé Rilgood and his new single Automatic going against what feels right might be the only thing wrong. A newcomer to the Booth, Rilgood presents an oddly sensual mix of abstract elements, including robotic sounds and off-cadence delivery, while reminding the ladies “what’s underneath the seat is Automatic ...reach down and grab it.” Ha! The boy might be off his rocker, but he has the right to be as this self-produced work speaks of his eccentricity and electronic music stylings. Check back with the Booth for further details on Rilgood’s upcoming JFK mixtape, which is set to drop on President’s Day 2012. And if that isn’t enough, look for two new singles to premiere on the soundtrack of Keanu Reaves upcoming film Generation Um.
Written by sashavann on 12/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Should I Be" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.