Somewhere out in the world, there’s a perfect—or close to perfect—man or woman for each of us. It’s finding ‘em, of course, that’s the problem. With the latest single off her sixth studio album, Rihanna takes advantage of her unique position as a heavyweight pop starlet, using radio airwaves and club sound systems everywhere to send a message to that special man, “Where Have You Been all my life?” Like hit lead single We Found Love, this cut is exquisitely crafted to get bodies out onto the dancefloor. Dr. Luke, Cirkut and Calvin Harris put together a pounding juggernaut of a house instrumental, supplementing the requisite four-on-the-floor percussion and dizzying crescendos with pop-rock guitar strums and grinding, dubstep-informed bass. RiRi turns in a characteristically spirited performance, channeling her emotion into verses that, though lyrically minimalistic, come drenched with heartfelt longing. Has Rihanna got another hit on her hands? In addition to catching the record at radio starting May 8, fans can still cop the singer’s Booth-approved new album, Talk That Talk, wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 04/30/12
From bubbly island pop princess to R-rated bondage queen to her current lighter incarnation, Rihanna’s gone through styles the way Ol’ Dirty Bastard went through baby mommas. No sooner has one delivered than she’s onto...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.