Somewhere out in the world, there’s a perfect—or close to perfect—man or woman for each of us. It’s finding ‘em, of course, that’s the problem. With the latest single off her sixth studio album, Rihanna takes advantage of her unique position as a heavyweight pop starlet, using radio airwaves and club sound systems everywhere to send a message to that special man, “Where Have You Been all my life?” Like hit lead single We Found Love, this cut is exquisitely crafted to get bodies out onto the dancefloor. Dr. Luke, Cirkut and Calvin Harris put together a pounding juggernaut of a house instrumental, supplementing the requisite four-on-the-floor percussion and dizzying crescendos with pop-rock guitar strums and grinding, dubstep-informed bass. RiRi turns in a characteristically spirited performance, channeling her emotion into verses that, though lyrically minimalistic, come drenched with heartfelt longing. Has Rihanna got another hit on her hands? In addition to catching the record at radio starting May 8, fans can still cop the singer’s Booth-approved new album, Talk That Talk, wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 04/30/12
From bubbly island pop princess to R-rated bondage queen to her current lighter incarnation, Rihanna’s gone through styles the way Ol’ Dirty Bastard went through baby mommas. No sooner has one delivered than she’s onto...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.