Somewhere out in the world, there’s a perfect—or close to perfect—man or woman for each of us. It’s finding ‘em, of course, that’s the problem. With the latest single off her sixth studio album, Rihanna takes advantage of her unique position as a heavyweight pop starlet, using radio airwaves and club sound systems everywhere to send a message to that special man, “Where Have You Been all my life?” Like hit lead single We Found Love, this cut is exquisitely crafted to get bodies out onto the dancefloor. Dr. Luke, Cirkut and Calvin Harris put together a pounding juggernaut of a house instrumental, supplementing the requisite four-on-the-floor percussion and dizzying crescendos with pop-rock guitar strums and grinding, dubstep-informed bass. RiRi turns in a characteristically spirited performance, channeling her emotion into verses that, though lyrically minimalistic, come drenched with heartfelt longing. Has Rihanna got another hit on her hands? In addition to catching the record at radio starting May 8, fans can still cop the singer’s Booth-approved new album, Talk That Talk, wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 04/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.