Ever have those moments when you stop in your tracks and wonder where the f**k your life is going? Join the club. Even as accomplished a pop songstress as Rihanna occasionally feels lost at sea, as she admits on the latest single off her seventh studio album. Emotionally numb despite everything that’s been going right for her, she asks the powers that be for a sign of how to proceed: “What Now? I just can’t figure it out.” Building from melancholy piano chords to a sweeping synth chorus and culminating in an arena-ready guitar solo, Parker Ighile and Nathan Cassells‘s production is an interesting contrast to the singer’s ambivalent lyrics. Jeff Nicholas, Jonathan Craven, and Darren Craig direct the joint’s moody cinematic accompaniment. Unapologetic is available now in stores and online. Fans can also hear Riri on Eminem‘s latest single, The Monster.
Written by richard on 11/15/13
For seven years now Rihanna has moved slowly but surely from sweet, innocent, island-kissed crooner to a hard partying, headline generating, pop dominatrix. It didn’t happen overnight, but all the same, it happened. It’s...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.