Ever have those moments when you stop in your tracks and wonder where the f**k your life is going? Join the club. Even as accomplished a pop songstress as Rihanna occasionally feels lost at sea, as she admits on the latest single off her seventh studio album. Emotionally numb despite everything that’s been going right for her, she asks the powers that be for a sign of how to proceed: “What Now? I just can’t figure it out.” Building from melancholy piano chords to a sweeping synth chorus and culminating in an arena-ready guitar solo, Parker Ighile and Nathan Cassells‘s production is an interesting contrast to the singer’s ambivalent lyrics. Jeff Nicholas, Jonathan Craven, and Darren Craig direct the joint’s moody cinematic accompaniment. Unapologetic is available now in stores and online. Fans can also hear Riri on Eminem‘s latest single, The Monster.
Written by richard on 11/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.