Ever have those moments when you stop in your tracks and wonder where the f**k your life is going? Join the club. Even as accomplished a pop songstress as Rihanna occasionally feels lost at sea, as she admits on the latest single off her seventh studio album. Emotionally numb despite everything that’s been going right for her, she asks the powers that be for a sign of how to proceed: “What Now? I just can’t figure it out.” Building from melancholy piano chords to a sweeping synth chorus and culminating in an arena-ready guitar solo, Parker Ighile and Nathan Cassells‘s production is an interesting contrast to the singer’s ambivalent lyrics. Jeff Nicholas, Jonathan Craven, and Darren Craig direct the joint’s moody cinematic accompaniment. Unapologetic is available now in stores and online. Fans can also hear Riri on Eminem‘s latest single, The Monster.
Written by richard on 11/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.