Excuse me DJBooth readers, but I’d like to take a moment to address Rihanna and Jay Z directly. Thanks. Rihanna, Jay..can I call you Jay? Great, thanks Jay. No pressure guys, but the last time you got together (Run This Town) you went double platinum, and the time before that (Umbrella) you went triple platinum. So yeah, it’s fair to say that expectations for your new collaborative effort and title track Talk That Talk are higher than Wiz Khalifa in Amsterdam. You’re certainly not taking the single lightly, recruiting mega-producers Stargate for a bouncing, pounding beat that will get spins everywhere from the clubs to high school proms. Vocally Jay lays down some, well, not exactly typical stunting (word to bladder references) on an opening verse while Rihanna laces the cut with her usual blend of lightly melodic melodies and dirty talk. So how about it DJBooth Nation – will this be the latest in a long string or Rihanna and Hova mega-hits? If so sales of Ri Ri’s upcoming album, Talk That Talk, should be stellar when it drops next week, November 18.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)