Rihanna sure has come a long way since she dropped the ‘05 dancehall hit, Pon De Replay. In the three years since her debut, Music of the Sun, the Barbadian beauty has sold approximately 10 million albums worldwide, won a Grammy, and showcased The-Dream‘s songwriting gift. Following the same pattern many successful albums have taken before her (Confessions, The Massacre, Konvicted), the 20-year old is giving Good Girl Gone Bad the re-release treatment. Produced by Stargate and written by label mate and frequent collaborator Ne-Yo, Ri’s new single Take A Bow mirrors the subject matter of Beyonce’s Irreplaceable—well, minus the whole “To the left, to the left” thing. If you think this good girl has gone bad, things should only get naughtier when the re-release drops on May 27.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.