Somber, stripped-down and emotionally raw, Rihanna‘s performance of current single Stay was among the more surprising moments of Sunday evening’s Grammy broadcast. Today, the stirring, Mikky Ekko, Justin Parker and Elof Loelv-produced ballad receives a similarly poignant visual accompaniment courtesy of director Sophie Muller. The muted yet cinematic clip depicts the singer at her most vulnerable, delivering the song’s ambivalent lyrics while sitting, sans makeup, in the bath. Guest vocalist Ekko accompanies her from another room. Fans can can find Stay and much more on Rihanna’s Unapologetic LP, available now in both a regular and a deluxe edition.
Written by richard on 02/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.