Somber, stripped-down and emotionally raw, Rihanna‘s performance of current single Stay was among the more surprising moments of Sunday evening’s Grammy broadcast. Today, the stirring, Mikky Ekko, Justin Parker and Elof Loelv-produced ballad receives a similarly poignant visual accompaniment courtesy of director Sophie Muller. The muted yet cinematic clip depicts the singer at her most vulnerable, delivering the song’s ambivalent lyrics while sitting, sans makeup, in the bath. Guest vocalist Ekko accompanies her from another room. Fans can can find Stay and much more on Rihanna’s Unapologetic LP, available now in both a regular and a deluxe edition.
Written by richard on 02/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)