Remember when Rihanna was an innocent pop songstress, content to invite a dude to join her under her Umbrella? My, how times have changed. On S&M, single numero quatre off her latest studio album, the Bajan hitmaker pushes her bad-girl rep to the next level, purring, “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me..” For this officially remixed version of the joint, RiRi is joined by one of the most-buzzed-about young emcees in the business. That’s right: J. Cole jumps on Stargate and Sandy Vee‘s dancefloor-ready blend of four-on-the-floor percussion and sizzling synths to express his unreserved approval of the headliner’s transformation: “You used to be a good girl, but it don’t matter / Once you went bad, you only got badder” Agree with the Roc Nation standard-bearer’s assessment? If so, you can expect plenty more catchy tunes and steamy subject matter on Rihanna’s fifth full-length, Loud, released in November 2010 via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.