Remember when Rihanna was an innocent pop songstress, content to invite a dude to join her under her Umbrella? My, how times have changed. On S&M, single numero quatre off her latest studio album, the Bajan hitmaker pushes her bad-girl rep to the next level, purring, “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me..” For this officially remixed version of the joint, RiRi is joined by one of the most-buzzed-about young emcees in the business. That’s right: J. Cole jumps on Stargate and Sandy Vee‘s dancefloor-ready blend of four-on-the-floor percussion and sizzling synths to express his unreserved approval of the headliner’s transformation: “You used to be a good girl, but it don’t matter / Once you went bad, you only got badder” Agree with the Roc Nation standard-bearer’s assessment? If so, you can expect plenty more catchy tunes and steamy subject matter on Rihanna’s fifth full-length, Loud, released in November 2010 via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
The last time we gathered here to talk about Rihanna, for her largely hailed album Rated R, we were also talking about Chris Brown. The Caribbean princess was absolutely engulfed in the incident and America’s former...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.