Remember when Rihanna was an innocent pop songstress, content to invite a dude to join her under her Umbrella? My, how times have changed. On S&M, single numero quatre off her latest studio album, the Bajan hitmaker pushes her bad-girl rep to the next level, purring, “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me..” For this officially remixed version of the joint, RiRi is joined by one of the most-buzzed-about young emcees in the business. That’s right: J. Cole jumps on Stargate and Sandy Vee‘s dancefloor-ready blend of four-on-the-floor percussion and sizzling synths to express his unreserved approval of the headliner’s transformation: “You used to be a good girl, but it don’t matter / Once you went bad, you only got badder” Agree with the Roc Nation standard-bearer’s assessment? If so, you can expect plenty more catchy tunes and steamy subject matter on Rihanna’s fifth full-length, Loud, released in November 2010 via Def Jam.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.