The most successful R&B album of this decade, Usher’s Confessions, yielded five successful singles. As a result, the album is on the brink of being certified diamond, which equals an impressive 10 million albums sold domestically. On October 7, Rihanna will continue her quest to achieve similar success. Already seven singles deep into her last album, Good Girl Gone Bad, the Barbadian singer is set to release the Timbaland-produced Rehab as the eighth (and final) single early next month. Though her U.S. sales totals doesn’t match that of Usher’s (the singer is currently hovering slightly above the 2 million mark), our current economic climate and the state of the music industry must be taken into account when making comparisons.
Written by DJ Z on 09/29/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.