The most successful R&B album of this decade, Usher’s Confessions, yielded five successful singles. As a result, the album is on the brink of being certified diamond, which equals an impressive 10 million albums sold domestically. On October 7, Rihanna will continue her quest to achieve similar success. Already seven singles deep into her last album, Good Girl Gone Bad, the Barbadian singer is set to release the Timbaland-produced Rehab as the eighth (and final) single early next month. Though her U.S. sales totals doesn’t match that of Usher’s (the singer is currently hovering slightly above the 2 million mark), our current economic climate and the state of the music industry must be taken into account when making comparisons.
Written by DJ Z on 09/29/08
Rihanna is now officially a bad girl. The Caribbean teen sensation straps on some high heels and takes a huge step towards musical womanhood on her new album Good Girl Gone Bad. Before the tabloids get too excited let’s...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.