The most successful R&B album of this decade, Usher’s Confessions, yielded five successful singles. As a result, the album is on the brink of being certified diamond, which equals an impressive 10 million albums sold domestically. On October 7, Rihanna will continue her quest to achieve similar success. Already seven singles deep into her last album, Good Girl Gone Bad, the Barbadian singer is set to release the Timbaland-produced Rehab as the eighth (and final) single early next month. Though her U.S. sales totals doesn’t match that of Usher’s (the singer is currently hovering slightly above the 2 million mark), our current economic climate and the state of the music industry must be taken into account when making comparisons.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.