Rihanna isn’t the only girl in the world with millions of adoring fans who follow her every move, but the Caribbean
princess of r&b-pop is certainly part of an elite few. After all, Ryan Seacrest doesn’t premiere just anyone’s new single. For those of you (including me) who don’t tune into Señor Seacrest’s morning radio show, let’s play catch-up. Coming off the success of her enormously successful Rated R album, Ri Ri is beginning her next campaign with new single Only Girl (In the World), a heavily electronic record that leaves her dark rock experiments like Russian Roulette far behind in favor of the kind of bouncing, purely club joints every major artists seems to favor now (see Akon’s Take a Chance). With production team Stargate fulfilling dance demands perfectly on the beat and Rihanna delivering a relatively unremarkable but instantly catchy performance, this one has hit written all over it. While it’s far too early for Rihanna’s new album Loud to receive a release date, you can expect buzz to build daily until that fateful day, and for DJBooth to keep you posted on all the details.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.