With Rihanna’s impressive résumé of dancefloor-packing hits, you’d hardly expect to find her Hatin’ On The Club, but this previously-unreleased record, originally intended for inclusion on the Bajan singer’s Good Girl Gone Bad rerelease, sees her doing just that, after she catches her soon-to-be-ex stepping outside with another woman on his arm. It’s hard to see why Hatin’ On The Club didn’t make the cut for Reloaded; Rihanna’s strident vocals and Tricky Stewart‘s ear-pleasing production, along with the trendy lyrical topics of “Hatin’” and “the Club,” add up to an infectious breakup song with hit potential to spare. Even more difficult to fathom is how the man in question could have continued putting the moves on another woman with Disturbia pumping through the club’s sound system. Rihanna’s latest release, Good Girl Gone Bad: The Remixes, hit stores earlier this week
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!