With Rihanna’s impressive résumé of dancefloor-packing hits, you’d hardly expect to find her Hatin’ On The Club, but this previously-unreleased record, originally intended for inclusion on the Bajan singer’s Good Girl Gone Bad rerelease, sees her doing just that, after she catches her soon-to-be-ex stepping outside with another woman on his arm. It’s hard to see why Hatin’ On The Club didn’t make the cut for Reloaded; Rihanna’s strident vocals and Tricky Stewart‘s ear-pleasing production, along with the trendy lyrical topics of “Hatin’” and “the Club,” add up to an infectious breakup song with hit potential to spare. Even more difficult to fathom is how the man in question could have continued putting the moves on another woman with Disturbia pumping through the club’s sound system. Rihanna’s latest release, Good Girl Gone Bad: The Remixes, hit stores earlier this week
Written by richard on 01/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.