In normal circumstances, a healthy 22-year-old woman shouldn’t have to worry about forgetting her own name – in fact it would be alarming in the extreme if that were to occur. When, you’re Robyn Rihanna Fenty, and you’re on a trip – ahem – downtown with Aubrey “Drake” Graham, well… that’s a little easier to understand. What’s My Name, the latest single from the Bajan songstress, finds RiRi taking a detour from the dancefloor-scorching grooves of Only Girl to craft a steamier cut which draws its heat from her short-lived, but much-buzzed-about relationship with the T-dot heavyweight. Here, the upbeat synth boardwork of Stargate sets the stage for a heaping helping of innuendo from both collaborators; Drizzy handles verse one, sing-rapping his way through a double-entendre-peppered opener (“The square root of 69 is (eight/ate) something… right? ‘Cause I been tryin’ to work it out.”), and Rihanna responds in kind, lacing her verses and chorus with some playful come-ons of her own. Digging this catchy ode to young love/lust? Then be sure to grab a copy of Loud when it hits stores Nov. 16 via SRP/Def Jam/IDJMG.
Written by richard on 10/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.