In an attempt to seemingly make sure that none of Fat Joe’s money rains down on her, Rihanna has her Umbrella firmly in hand. On the lead single to her as-yet untitled third studio album (of the past two years,) Rihanna joins the very man who inked her to a record contract: Jay-Z. Hova jumps off the track before it really gets going, although it allows the real star the chance to get her sunshine on. From start to finish the song is captivating and credit should be given to excellent production from C. Tricky Stewart, who many might think is really Timbaland with a new alias. So let it rain, Rihanna is confident and ready.
Written by DJ Z on 03/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shut Up And Drive" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.