In an attempt to seemingly make sure that none of Fat Joe’s money rains down on her, Rihanna has her Umbrella firmly in hand. On the lead single to her as-yet untitled third studio album (of the past two years,) Rihanna joins the very man who inked her to a record contract: Jay-Z. Hova jumps off the track before it really gets going, although it allows the real star the chance to get her sunshine on. From start to finish the song is captivating and credit should be given to excellent production from C. Tricky Stewart, who many might think is really Timbaland with a new alias. So let it rain, Rihanna is confident and ready.
Written by DJ Z on 03/30/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shut Up And Drive" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)