Booth readers, meet the record that’s going to be blowing up radio airwaves everywhere for the next several months. Premiered earlier today on iHeartRadio, the lead single selection off Rihanna‘s seventh studio album is an outsized, anthemic ballad based around a double-decker simile: stars are just like Diamonds in the sky, which are just like the singer and this record’s anonymous addressee. Co-producers Stargate and Benny Blanco provide a beat to match RiRi’s visions of ecstasy, layering coruscating club synths over a slowly building, almost martial four-on-the-four percussion rhythm. A chirpy, catchy hook rounds out the package. Time to weigh is: after this foretaste, are you feeling good about Unapologetic? Debate away, and keep it locked for the latest in the lead-up to the project’s as yet-unscheduled release.
Update: We have added the Anthony Mandler-directed visuals for Rihanna’s Diamonds single.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
For seven years now Rihanna has moved slowly but surely from sweet, innocent, island-kissed crooner to a hard partying, headline generating, pop dominatrix. It didn’t happen overnight, but all the same, it happened. It’s...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.