Booth readers, meet the record that’s going to be blowing up radio airwaves everywhere for the next several months. Premiered earlier today on iHeartRadio, the lead single selection off Rihanna‘s seventh studio album is an outsized, anthemic ballad based around a double-decker simile: stars are just like Diamonds in the sky, which are just like the singer and this record’s anonymous addressee. Co-producers Stargate and Benny Blanco provide a beat to match RiRi’s visions of ecstasy, layering coruscating club synths over a slowly building, almost martial four-on-the-four percussion rhythm. A chirpy, catchy hook rounds out the package. Time to weigh is: after this foretaste, are you feeling good about Unapologetic? Debate away, and keep it locked for the latest in the lead-up to the project’s as yet-unscheduled release.
Update: We have added the Anthony Mandler-directed visuals for Rihanna’s Diamonds single.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.