Booth readers, meet the record that’s going to be blowing up radio airwaves everywhere for the next several months. Premiered earlier today on iHeartRadio, the lead single selection off Rihanna‘s seventh studio album is an outsized, anthemic ballad based around a double-decker simile: stars are just like Diamonds in the sky, which are just like the singer and this record’s anonymous addressee. Co-producers Stargate and Benny Blanco provide a beat to match RiRi’s visions of ecstasy, layering coruscating club synths over a slowly building, almost martial four-on-the-four percussion rhythm. A chirpy, catchy hook rounds out the package. Time to weigh is: after this foretaste, are you feeling good about Unapologetic? Debate away, and keep it locked for the latest in the lead-up to the project’s as yet-unscheduled release.
Update: We have added the Anthony Mandler-directed visuals for Rihanna’s Diamonds single.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.