Based on her last two singles, Russian Roulette and Hard, it feels like Rihanna’s upcoming album Rated R will feature a remarkably different sound than we’re used to from the urban-pop starlet. We all know the hard times she’s been through recently, and those emotions have come out in her recent music. On potential (next) single Cold Case Love, she departs from that dark sound and gives us an emotional anthem. Produced by Justin Timberlake and Rob Knox, the track starts off with a soft organ and piano melody, then segues into Rihanna belting out the some if the track’s deep, somber lyrics: “We opened up a cold case love, and it got the best of us.” The track’s more of an epic ode to losing out on love than a radio hit, but something tells me Rihanna fans will love it all the same. The highly, highly anticipated Rated R is slated to drop November 23. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by matt juss on 11/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.