Released in May as single numero quatre off the Bajan songstress’ Loud LP, California King Bed was Rihanna‘s shot at a power ballad—screaming guitar solo and all. So, why flip the record into a more traditional synth-pop anthem? As far as Goon Rock is concerned, the real question is…why the hell not? On this new,unofficial remix, the LMFAO affiliate reworks the hit record in true Party Rock style, trading The Runners’ guitar-heavy instrumental backdrop for a more dancefloor-suitable mix of bass-booming percussion, glossy synth chords and plenty of chanted ‘Oh‘s (I guess the guys who go “Ay!” were busy that day). The result packs nearly as much of an emotional punch as the original, not to mention considerably enhanced club appeal. But enough outta me—do you approve of Goon Rock’s club-ready reworking of RiRi’s cut? This remix isn’t slated for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those who (for some inexplicable reason) have yet to pick up a copy of Loud can find it now at all record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.