Released in May as single numero quatre off the Bajan songstress’ Loud LP, California King Bed was Rihanna‘s shot at a power ballad—screaming guitar solo and all. So, why flip the record into a more traditional synth-pop anthem? As far as Goon Rock is concerned, the real question is…why the hell not? On this new,unofficial remix, the LMFAO affiliate reworks the hit record in true Party Rock style, trading The Runners’ guitar-heavy instrumental backdrop for a more dancefloor-suitable mix of bass-booming percussion, glossy synth chords and plenty of chanted ‘Oh‘s (I guess the guys who go “Ay!” were busy that day). The result packs nearly as much of an emotional punch as the original, not to mention considerably enhanced club appeal. But enough outta me—do you approve of Goon Rock’s club-ready reworking of RiRi’s cut? This remix isn’t slated for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those who (for some inexplicable reason) have yet to pick up a copy of Loud can find it now at all record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Umbrella ft. Jay-Z" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.