Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Absent from the DJBooth since dropping off Can’t Stay Away back in 2010, Limo Life recording artist and Tommy Hilfiger scion Ricky Hil (previously known as “Rich”) returns to our pages with moody ballad Nomads. Here, IllAngelo‘s moody R&B grooves back the artist as he describes his tumultuous romance with a heroin-addicted femme fatale. In contrast to his previous work, which featured deadpan, Kid CuDi-esque vocals, this moody cut finds Hil delivering his verses in a ragged rasp reminiscent of an extremely strung-out Mike Posner. A natural fit considering the record’s tone and subject matter, Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye smooths things out on the chorus. Fans can find Nomads and much more on the artist’s SYLDD street album, released yesterday for free digital download.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Ricky Hil’s Hyghly Alleyne-directed Nomads visual.
Limo Life Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Won't You Tell Me" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.