Fresh off making his DJBooth debut with the Mick Jenkins and YC the Cynic-assisted Keep It 100, Big Apple beatsmith Ricky Dubs returns to our front page with another quality jam off his next project. On Shot a Man, the headliner’s blues guitar and organ samples set the stage for some deadpan tough-talk from gat-toting New Yorkers Knowledge the Pirate and Roc Marciano. This cut is the fourth and final single off The Señor Dubs EP. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to cop the set when it drops independently next Wednesday, September 3.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Partners in Rhyme" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.