Fresh off making his DJBooth debut with the Mick Jenkins and YC the Cynic-assisted Keep It 100, Big Apple beatsmith Ricky Dubs returns to our front page with another quality jam off his next project. On Shot a Man, the headliner’s blues guitar and organ samples set the stage for some deadpan tough-talk from gat-toting New Yorkers Knowledge the Pirate and Roc Marciano. This cut is the fourth and final single off The Señor Dubs EP. If you like what you’re hearing, be sure to cop the set when it drops independently next Wednesday, September 3.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Partners in Rhyme" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.