Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The 19th entry in the relaunched series comes courtesy of Rickie Jacobs, the DMV buzzmaker who brought us Guy Code and Cartel. On Kill Switch, the unsigned rhymesayer spits introspective bars over a tuneful, piano-driven original beat by Mees Bickle. If this freestyle’s piqued your interest, you can hear more from Jacobs on acclaimed digital full-length Remember to Smile, released via The DJBooth in February.
Fred Lozano provides original artwork to accompany the release.
Written by richard on 05/14/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)