Don’t let the green pastures, pint-size American flag, or patriotic tank top fool you, Rickie Jacobs’ visuals for Hey America are far from an ode to the U.S. of A. Instead the Baltimore native candidly speaks on grinding it out with his music career and providing for his family, which when you think about is as American as homemade apples pies wrapped in American Apparel organic t-shirts. In other words, it’s a remix of the American Dream. On top of providing Hey America with an artistically dope visual with help from Elephant’s Purple, the DMV representer also gifts the cut with a small audio makeover thanks to a revamped beat from Rollin Mills and a hefty dose of strings from Matt Wuest. While we await the release of other intriguing visuals from the spitter’s Live Epic! album, you can download the album for free via Audiomack.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.