Don’t let the green pastures, pint-size American flag, or patriotic tank top fool you, Rickie Jacobs’ visuals for Hey America are far from an ode to the U.S. of A. Instead the Baltimore native candidly speaks on grinding it out with his music career and providing for his family, which when you think about is as American as homemade apples pies wrapped in American Apparel organic t-shirts. In other words, it’s a remix of the American Dream. On top of providing Hey America with an artistically dope visual with help from Elephant’s Purple, the DMV representer also gifts the cut with a small audio makeover thanks to a revamped beat from Rollin Mills and a hefty dose of strings from Matt Wuest. While we await the release of other intriguing visuals from the spitter’s Live Epic! album, you can download the album for free via Audiomack.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.