Don’t let the green pastures, pint-size American flag, or patriotic tank top fool you, Rickie Jacobs’ visuals for Hey America are far from an ode to the U.S. of A. Instead the Baltimore native candidly speaks on grinding it out with his music career and providing for his family, which when you think about is as American as homemade apples pies wrapped in American Apparel organic t-shirts. In other words, it’s a remix of the American Dream. On top of providing Hey America with an artistically dope visual with help from Elephant’s Purple, the DMV representer also gifts the cut with a small audio makeover thanks to a revamped beat from Rollin Mills and a hefty dose of strings from Matt Wuest. While we await the release of other intriguing visuals from the spitter’s Live Epic! album, you can download the album for free via Audiomack.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.