Don’t let the green pastures, pint-size American flag, or patriotic tank top fool you, Rickie Jacobs’ visuals for Hey America are far from an ode to the U.S. of A. Instead the Baltimore native candidly speaks on grinding it out with his music career and providing for his family, which when you think about is as American as homemade apples pies wrapped in American Apparel organic t-shirts. In other words, it’s a remix of the American Dream. On top of providing Hey America with an artistically dope visual with help from Elephant’s Purple, the DMV representer also gifts the cut with a small audio makeover thanks to a revamped beat from Rollin Mills and a hefty dose of strings from Matt Wuest. While we await the release of other intriguing visuals from the spitter’s Live Epic! album, you can download the album for free via Audiomack.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.