Don’t let the green pastures, pint-size American flag, or patriotic tank top fool you, Rickie Jacobs’ visuals for Hey America are far from an ode to the U.S. of A. Instead the Baltimore native candidly speaks on grinding it out with his music career and providing for his family, which when you think about is as American as homemade apples pies wrapped in American Apparel organic t-shirts. In other words, it’s a remix of the American Dream. On top of providing Hey America with an artistically dope visual with help from Elephant’s Purple, the DMV representer also gifts the cut with a small audio makeover thanks to a revamped beat from Rollin Mills and a hefty dose of strings from Matt Wuest. While we await the release of other intriguing visuals from the spitter’s Live Epic! album, you can download the album for free via Audiomack.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/7/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.