Contrary to what your high school biology teacher may have told you, being male isn’t simply a matter of what’s in your briefs (or boxers, or boxer-briefs, as the case may be). You’ve also got to comply with the all-important Guy Code. On a new single off his next full-length, DMV spitter Rickie Jacobs offers his take on the rules that define masculinity. Backed by Rosewood and Xenia Ghali‘s woodwind samples, he addresses such issues as whether to bring your girl to a guys’ night out at the club (F**k no.) and the attitude a man should take toward his haters (F**k ‘em.) After a false ending, the record takes an abrupt left turn; a blistering, dubstep-informed groove sizzles in the back as Jacobs showcases the more aggressive side of his flow. Samuel Rogers‘s artful visuals round out the package. For Guy Code and much more, cop Rickie Jacobs’s Remember to Smile LP when it drops digitally next Tuesday, February 18.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.