Contrary to what your high school biology teacher may have told you, being male isn’t simply a matter of what’s in your briefs (or boxers, or boxer-briefs, as the case may be). You’ve also got to comply with the all-important Guy Code. On a new single off his next full-length, DMV spitter Rickie Jacobs offers his take on the rules that define masculinity. Backed by Rosewood and Xenia Ghali‘s woodwind samples, he addresses such issues as whether to bring your girl to a guys’ night out at the club (F**k no.) and the attitude a man should take toward his haters (F**k ‘em.) After a false ending, the record takes an abrupt left turn; a blistering, dubstep-informed groove sizzles in the back as Jacobs showcases the more aggressive side of his flow. Samuel Rogers‘s artful visuals round out the package. For Guy Code and much more, cop Rickie Jacobs’s Remember to Smile LP when it drops digitally next Tuesday, February 18.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.