It has been a while since we’ve heard from Rickie Jacobs. He was last featured in October of 2012 with Hey America. Luckily, here at The DJBooth we don’t get offended when rappers don’t call; they are more than welcome to come back whenever they are ready. Today, the Baltimore native finally returns with promo single, Cartel, which finds Jacobs stepping to the mic with an unwavering, brisk approach. His blunted, yet speedy flow complements the ominous vibe of 183rd‘s synth heavy boardwork. Due out early next month, Cartel is set to appear on Jacobs’s Remember to Smile project.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/8/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)