It has been a while since we’ve heard from Rickie Jacobs. He was last featured in October of 2012 with Hey America. Luckily, here at The DJBooth we don’t get offended when rappers don’t call; they are more than welcome to come back whenever they are ready. Today, the Baltimore native finally returns with promo single, Cartel, which finds Jacobs stepping to the mic with an unwavering, brisk approach. His blunted, yet speedy flow complements the ominous vibe of 183rd‘s synth heavy boardwork. Due out early next month, Cartel is set to appear on Jacobs’s Remember to Smile project.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.