It has been a while since we’ve heard from Rickie Jacobs. He was last featured in October of 2012 with Hey America. Luckily, here at The DJBooth we don’t get offended when rappers don’t call; they are more than welcome to come back whenever they are ready. Today, the Baltimore native finally returns with promo single, Cartel, which finds Jacobs stepping to the mic with an unwavering, brisk approach. His blunted, yet speedy flow complements the ominous vibe of 183rd‘s synth heavy boardwork. Due out early next month, Cartel is set to appear on Jacobs’s Remember to Smile project.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)