It has been a while since we’ve heard from Rickie Jacobs. He was last featured in October of 2012 with Hey America. Luckily, here at The DJBooth we don’t get offended when rappers don’t call; they are more than welcome to come back whenever they are ready. Today, the Baltimore native finally returns with promo single, Cartel, which finds Jacobs stepping to the mic with an unwavering, brisk approach. His blunted, yet speedy flow complements the ominous vibe of 183rd‘s synth heavy boardwork. Due out early next month, Cartel is set to appear on Jacobs’s Remember to Smile project.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.