It has been a while since we’ve heard from Rickie Jacobs. He was last featured in October of 2012 with Hey America. Luckily, here at The DJBooth we don’t get offended when rappers don’t call; they are more than welcome to come back whenever they are ready. Today, the Baltimore native finally returns with promo single, Cartel, which finds Jacobs stepping to the mic with an unwavering, brisk approach. His blunted, yet speedy flow complements the ominous vibe of 183rd‘s synth heavy boardwork. Due out early next month, Cartel is set to appear on Jacobs’s Remember to Smile project.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Malcolm X" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.