Earlier this month, we heard Rick Ross play wingman to R&B heavyweight Usher, lending his high-rolling guest bars to club-ready single Lemme See. One good turn deserves another; now, Mr. Raymond’s jumped aboard the MMG general’s latest single, in hopes of helping him successfully woo, and keep the woman of his dreams. Previously featured on promotional mixtape Rich Forever, Touch ‘N You is something of a departure from Rozay’s trademark style, with veteran producer/songwriter Rico Love crafting an atmospheric synth instrumental as the South Floridian rap mogul acknowledges a certain shawty’s uncanny hold on him: “I think I wanna put a ring on it, I think I wanna tat her name on me / I’ve had lot of sexy women, but this ain’t the same for me.” Usher emphasizes the relationship’s physical side on the chorus, breathlessly announcing, “Nobody compares to your body.” Does this lovestruck single have you on Cloud Nine? You can find Touch and much more on Rick Ross’ God Forgives, I Don’t LP, due out July 31. In the meantime, don’t miss the Maybach crew’s sophomore compilation album, Self Made Vol. 2, when it hits record stores and online retailers June 26.
Written by richard on 06/20/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.