Earlier this month, we heard Rick Ross play wingman to R&B heavyweight Usher, lending his high-rolling guest bars to club-ready single Lemme See. One good turn deserves another; now, Mr. Raymond’s jumped aboard the MMG general’s latest single, in hopes of helping him successfully woo, and keep the woman of his dreams. Previously featured on promotional mixtape Rich Forever, Touch ‘N You is something of a departure from Rozay’s trademark style, with veteran producer/songwriter Rico Love crafting an atmospheric synth instrumental as the South Floridian rap mogul acknowledges a certain shawty’s uncanny hold on him: “I think I wanna put a ring on it, I think I wanna tat her name on me / I’ve had lot of sexy women, but this ain’t the same for me.” Usher emphasizes the relationship’s physical side on the chorus, breathlessly announcing, “Nobody compares to your body.” Does this lovestruck single have you on Cloud Nine? You can find Touch and much more on Rick Ross’ God Forgives, I Don’t LP, due out July 31. In the meantime, don’t miss the Maybach crew’s sophomore compilation album, Self Made Vol. 2, when it hits record stores and online retailers June 26.
Written by richard on 06/20/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.