Earlier this month, we heard Rick Ross play wingman to R&B heavyweight Usher, lending his high-rolling guest bars to club-ready single Lemme See. One good turn deserves another; now, Mr. Raymond’s jumped aboard the MMG general’s latest single, in hopes of helping him successfully woo, and keep the woman of his dreams. Previously featured on promotional mixtape Rich Forever, Touch ‘N You is something of a departure from Rozay’s trademark style, with veteran producer/songwriter Rico Love crafting an atmospheric synth instrumental as the South Floridian rap mogul acknowledges a certain shawty’s uncanny hold on him: “I think I wanna put a ring on it, I think I wanna tat her name on me / I’ve had lot of sexy women, but this ain’t the same for me.” Usher emphasizes the relationship’s physical side on the chorus, breathlessly announcing, “Nobody compares to your body.” Does this lovestruck single have you on Cloud Nine? You can find Touch and much more on Rick Ross’ God Forgives, I Don’t LP, due out July 31. In the meantime, don’t miss the Maybach crew’s sophomore compilation album, Self Made Vol. 2, when it hits record stores and online retailers June 26.
Written by richard on 06/20/12
Rick Ross isn’t a rapper. Or rather, rapper is only one job title on his increasingly large resume. At this point Ross is more cultural institution than he is artist. What started as William Leonard Roberts II is now Ricky...
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)