I know what you’re thinking: has Rick Ross given up the cocaine hustle to become a weed rapper?! Inconceivable! Well, fans of the Miami heavyweight can breathe a sigh of relief; Super High, the lead single off his hotly-anticipated fourth studio album, doesn’t really have anything to do with drugs at all – or, rather, it revolves around the most powerful drug of all: love. Here, The Remedy and DJ Clark Kent cook up an appropriately swanky, soul-sampled instrumental as the rapper pays homage to a female who has him flying high above the clouds, promising to supply her with all the finer things in life: bags, globetrotting vacations, expensive liquor, the works. Of course, it’s not a Rick Ross single without a big-name guest appearance; this time, it’s R&B heavyweight Ne-Yo who provides support, tying the whole package together with a characteristically smooth verse and chorus. Will this cut score Super High ratings in the Booth? That’s for you to decide. In any case, fans should keep it locked for all the latest release details on Teflon Don currently set to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.