I know what you’re thinking: has Rick Ross given up the cocaine hustle to become a weed rapper?! Inconceivable! Well, fans of the Miami heavyweight can breathe a sigh of relief; Super High, the lead single off his hotly-anticipated fourth studio album, doesn’t really have anything to do with drugs at all – or, rather, it revolves around the most powerful drug of all: love. Here, The Remedy and DJ Clark Kent cook up an appropriately swanky, soul-sampled instrumental as the rapper pays homage to a female who has him flying high above the clouds, promising to supply her with all the finer things in life: bags, globetrotting vacations, expensive liquor, the works. Of course, it’s not a Rick Ross single without a big-name guest appearance; this time, it’s R&B heavyweight Ne-Yo who provides support, tying the whole package together with a characteristically smooth verse and chorus. Will this cut score Super High ratings in the Booth? That’s for you to decide. In any case, fans should keep it locked for all the latest release details on Teflon Don currently set to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.