I know what you’re thinking: has Rick Ross given up the cocaine hustle to become a weed rapper?! Inconceivable! Well, fans of the Miami heavyweight can breathe a sigh of relief; Super High, the lead single off his hotly-anticipated fourth studio album, doesn’t really have anything to do with drugs at all – or, rather, it revolves around the most powerful drug of all: love. Here, The Remedy and DJ Clark Kent cook up an appropriately swanky, soul-sampled instrumental as the rapper pays homage to a female who has him flying high above the clouds, promising to supply her with all the finer things in life: bags, globetrotting vacations, expensive liquor, the works. Of course, it’s not a Rick Ross single without a big-name guest appearance; this time, it’s R&B heavyweight Ne-Yo who provides support, tying the whole package together with a characteristically smooth verse and chorus. Will this cut score Super High ratings in the Booth? That’s for you to decide. In any case, fans should keep it locked for all the latest release details on Teflon Don currently set to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 04/12/10
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.